Hi Everyone!
It's been a pretty crazy past couple of weeks. It started on the day of chemo #2. I was at the bathroom sink that morning and when I reached for my hair, I was "rewarded" with a handful. That was the beginning of my hair coming out. Wow! After only ONE treatment? I can't say I lost it, because I knew exactly where it was - in my hands. I wasn't quite sure what to do because I needed to get ready to go to chemo but I had a potentially huge mess. I ended up wearing a hat to chemo, then later in the evening my niece Holly (who is also my hairdresser) gave me a buzz-cutt. That helped for a few days, but then came more issues. My wig pulled at my hair and it was still falling out, leaving a MESS in the shower! So finally I went to my mom and she shaved my head. That has made my life SO much easier. It also helped with some of my anger over seeing hair everywhere. I wasn't excited to be bald, but I was even less excited about watching my head slowly become more and more bare while I dealt with the mess of hair falling out. Yuck!
Next, a week after chemo #2, I started getting sick with the flu. My sisters, true to their character of sticking by my side through all things, one-by-one got sick along with me! One lone sister, Kathy, along with my dear friend Linda, were left to go with me to chemo #3 with me. My parents followed suit, and soon we had eight family members succumb to this stubborn virus. No one is completely over it yet, so we would all appreciate your prayers. It has been a long week and a half to say the least.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouragement. Please keep them coming! We all appreciate them and need them so much!
Love,
Cheryl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I will break the ice and comment! I've said it before; It doesn't matter whether or not you have hair, you're still gorgeous!
I know this part is the worst, and I wish I could take the side effects on myself, while leaving you with the benefits. Others feel that way too, I'm sure.
You're handling all of this with dignity and grace - and anger is part of the process!
Love you,
Cindy
Cheryl,
I agree with Cindy. What makes you beautiful is your personality and you are handling all of this with dignity and grace. Only a few more weeks. Hang in there.
Praying for you.
Bev
Cheryl,
Just wanted you to know that I think of you often and pray for God to give you lots of grace and strength. Just think how much stronger, wiser and close to God you will be on the other side of this. But, I know, right now it stinks!:( We've all had that nasty flu virus too, and I'm sorry it had to grab you. Hope you are rid of those symptoms soon.
Much love,
Tammy
It so sucks that you lost your hair. I hear that your wig looks great! I am sure that no matter what you are fabulous looking.
We need to get together soon. Tonya said that we could come to her house and hang so we need to plan that soon. Have a great week.
Pam
Hey Girl!
No hair....let's see....no more yelling in the mirror "I can't do anything with it!", oh no, my gray is showing (you might not say that, but I do), Why is this side flipping up and this flipping under?,...I could go here...!!! hehe
Seriously, you are beautiful with hair or without hair! I love no matter what!!!
I'm praying for you Cheryl!
Miss ya, love ya,
Sherry
Post a Comment