Thursday, February 7, 2008

25% of the way through!

Today was Cheryl's second chemo appointment and this time we played Buck Euchre. Cheryl didn't win, but she didn't come in last place this time. :) Maybe by her last chemo treatment she'll win a game!

A great bit of news was that her blood counts are normal!

Cheryl really likes the nurses at the clinic. They are all wonderful! Here is Janice administering one of the chemo meds. (Note the big gown, and extra white protection on Cheryl's leg. This is the one that can cause cancer if spilled on skin.) It looks like she's injecting red kool-aid. If only it were just that.



Here are all of us sporting hats! Today's cheering section from (left to right) was Kris, Denise, Cheryl and me.


Sorry for the disjointed post. It's past my bedtime!

Love to all,
Cindy
PS We have an excellent picture of our dad sporting Cheryl's wig that I'd love to post, but have to first ask permission!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Cheryl, seeing your smile made me miss you!

I'm glad you are getting through this and able to hold onto that wonderful smile. You are such an inspiration and a testiment to God's love.

We'll be at NewPointe next weekend,17th, hope I see you and Cindy.

Often you are in our thoughts and prayers

T

Melissa said...

Been thinking of you loads and wondering how you're feeling after round 2. I love the photo with the hats! You all look too cute. And I need to ask David about that drug that can cause cancer if you get it on your skin. That is wild! Never heard of such a thing. Praying for you!

Cindy said...

Melissa, the drug is called adriamycin (sp?), derived, I think from an antibiotic.

Cindy