Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Surgery Schedule

Just so you can know exactly when to pray...

I need to be at the surgery center at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Surgery is scheduled for 11:30 am. When I told them I had a "little" cold (no need to alarm them, right?), they said the best thing to do is just come in and let the anesthesiologist decide. I've heard that as long as the cold hasn't settled in the chest it will be ok to continue with surgery. I actually don't feel too bad this afternoon. I'll keep drinking the OJ since I can't take anything else besides Tylenol.

I love this passages from Isaiah chapter 43, verses 1-3. Someone else sent them to me today, and they've been such a comfort to me. We were never promised that life would be easy, but God has promised never to leave us. I don't know what the rest of you are going through, but I hopefully you can find encouragement in these words.
  1. But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
  2. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
  3. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

Thanks everyone, for continuing to pray. I can't do this without you... at least, I wouldn't want to!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl
I'm not sure what to say. On Saturday Norma gave me one of the pink bracelets and I haven't taken it off since. Every time I look at it I think of you. I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow. I know you are very strong and courageous. God has blessed you with both of those qualities. Tomorrow is your day to declare those for Jesus! I love you and I will be praying for you tomorrow.
Tonya

bneuen said...

Cheryl,
One of my favorites from Isaiah is 41:10...So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

May God's peace be yours as He holds you in his hand.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl:
I will be praying for you tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your smiling face soon. It's so comforting reading all the messages from those who love you and will be praying for you. I know that you are in God's hands. I love you
Pam

Amanda said...

Cheryl,

I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. I know that the love of God, your family, and your friends will give you strength and see you through this.

Love ya,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

You're on my mind & heart Cheryl.

Love you

Anonymous said...

Cheryl: You must know that many of us will be praying for you tomorrow and that you have many friends and family members who care for you. I know I would not be as strong as you are. I will keep in touch through Cindy and the blog.

You are a wonderfully faithful Christian and a strong witness -- I know God will be keeping you in his care today.
God Bless

Carol Owens

Dennielle said...

We are praying for you right now!!! We love you (and like we tell Rocky) God loves you the most!! He's hardcore and he's preparing the doctor's hands, he's covering the room with peace... We love you Cheryl!!!!!

Holly said...

My dear aunt Cheryl...we are sitting here in the waiting area thinking about you and definately praying. It was hard to leave you in the little room all by yourself. Your so strong and couragous. We are all here behind you pushing you all the way! Love you so much!