Saturday, December 15, 2007

And now, a word from the patient.

Hi Everyone, it’s me. I guess I’ve been silent long enough. For those of you who know me well, three days is a REALLY long time for me to be quiet. Heck, three HOURS is really long… ok, three minutes?

I’ve been getting a lot of the “How are you doing?” questions… and well, the fact is, I’m doing well. I’m stiff and sore of course, but the pain meds take the edge off. (After 24 hours past surgery, the anesthesia stopped making me sick – thank God!!) I’m trying to exercise my arm as much as possible to reduce puffiness. My family has been wonderful. Two of my nieces stayed with me overnight (one each night) the past two nights, just in case I needed anything. My parents and sisters have been beside me the whole way… cheering me on, making food, cleaning… I’ve gotten to really boss them around, which has been great!

Right now I’m hanging out at Cindy and Gary’s place. It seems like a good place to weather this huge winter storm that’s coming. We are armed with music, movies, and even a coloring book (thanks, Paula!). (In case you didn’t know, I love to color.) I’d love to hear from you, and after this storm passes, it would be great to see some of you, too. That is, if you can handle a little lopsidedness!… : )

Thanks for all your love and support. Please keep in touch... and stay safe and warm!

Love,
Cheryl

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the far west!

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well Cheryl. Would you mind taking look at a script for me? :)

Please rest and get better soon!

Miss you...
Tom

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Have been following the blog since day 1. You are in my thoughts & prayers everyday. Have fun coloring! Hey - need any M & M's about now?

Love,
Cindy Colucy

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

So glad to hear you are doing well! You have been in our thoughts & prayers constantly!

Take care of you!

Tammy Kandel

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl sounds like you are doing better because your sense of humor is on fire. Chloe could color with you she doesn't stay in the line but loves to color too. Lopsidedness or not we love you very much and to me your are one of the most beautiful people I know.

Take Care! Cindy give her a hug for me.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Cheryl-

You remain in my thoughts and prayers constantly. You are doing great so soon after surgery. I knew you're family would be cheering you on, they're special too. Keep us updated.
Love,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl!!!

Thank God for a sense of humor.....without it, we'd take life so seriously and all be depressed! Your outlook and positive attitude is shining thru and I thank God for giving you that!

I'm going to see the Point of Grace Christmas concert tomorrow....I'll be snickering all the way thru "Sleigh Ride" and laughing about our many good ole' times!!!

Love ya!

Tina said...

Cheryl,
I have always loved your spirit and sense of humor. it's infectious for me today. I'm praising God for how He has blessed you.
Love ya
T

Melissa said...

So happy to hear directly from you Cheryl! Sounds like you're in a great spot on this yucky day - curled up all cozy in Cindy's living room with that little handsome guy to amuse you! Of course I mean Gary ;-)

Thinking of you still and praying for you.

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, It was great to hear from you! You have that great sense of humor and it was great to hear! You continue to be in our daily thoughts and prayers!
Love In Christ!!!
Steve & Kendra

Tina said...

I was thinking of you this morning and got online to see how you were doing. Praying for you to have a good Monday morning and a blessed week ahead.
Love
T

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
Its great to hear that good ol sense of humor that i am so used to. And yes, its fine.. Or is it fine?? Hmm.. Anyways, we cant wait to see you back in the office when you are ready for us, so rest up kiddo!

Stathi