Thursday, December 13, 2007

Latest..

Hi all,

Well, I'm back at home, and I don't really have any new news, but thought I'd update anyway!

The family got to see Cheryl last night shortly after 7:30. All things considered, she looked good. When I walked to her bedside, I thought we may have to wake her, but she had her eyes open and was watching us. I imagine watch she was feeling may be a bit like being run over by a train! When the last of the family left, she had just received pain meds and her eyes closed almost immediately after receiving them. As far as coming home today as she was originally told, that will be decided today by one of the surgeons and his team.

On the way home last night I was thinking of growing up and how I was no different than most little sisters. I tagged along when I wasn't always wanted, and I'm in alot of her birthday pictures. Always right beside her, helping to hold her cake. Well, I wanted to be like my big sis, and that fact didn't change as I grew up! Then, I did grow up and realized that in fact, we're not very much alike at all. Our personalities, what we like and don't like, there are lots of differences. But Cheryl, I find myself still wanting to be like you. The way you face adversity, how you have gracefully handled this cancer diagnosis, the wisdom in the very tough decisions you've had to make, and most of all, how all of this has only made your faith stronger. Cheryl, I LOVE YOU!

My parents, and 2 sisters, Kris and Kathy, stayed overnight in Cleveland and I'll be in touch with them today and give updates as I find them out.

Over and out,
Cindy

5 comments:

Tina said...

Well, I'm just checking in and I see that God has been so faithful. Thank You LORD. Cheryl, I am lifted by your courage and your faith. Continued healing, my friend. Ted and I are praying consistantly for your healing and that you are encouraged daily. Love you, Tina

Tina said...

Cindy, I'm touched by a sister's love. I have 2 younger sisters that I love dearly and we have seen eachother through difficult circumstances. There is something special about the love of a sister.
Thanks for the updates and for sharing your heart

Anonymous said...

You were on my heart so much yesterday...lastnight....today....you're just constantly there. I wish I could be there thru this, but I know you've got quite the support team going on. Thank God for big families and great friends. You always know the lives you've impacted when you're faced with trials like this....people come out in packs to support you, and now you can see the blessing you've been in people's lives.

I love you Cheryl and you will continually be on my heart.

Beth said...

Cindy, I know there are prayers - coast to coast - for Cheryl and all of you. Thanks for keeping us updated. We'll keep on praying as the journey continues.

Cheryl...let the happy drugs do their job...sweet dreams m'dear!

Love you lots! - B

Anonymous said...

Cindy you made me cry! I so glad you started this blog it has been so comforting to get the updates. I am praying for you and the rest of the family as well as Cheryl. Take care and we love you bunches!