Friday, April 4, 2008

Milestones

We hit one more milestone yesterday - the three quarters of the way mark in chemo. I can't believe I can say I have only two more treatments. When I looked at the schedule before I started, it seemed like it would drag on forever! Now it's close to the end. Yesterday I had my sister Kris, Tammy Koser and Susan Yoder with me. We played a couple games of Blokus (which I totally stunk at). I plan to blame things like this on "chemo brain" for as long as possible. After we had some pizza delivered for lunch, I gave up on playing games while the other ladies played Phase 10. That took us until the end of the treatment and we finally left the clinic around 3:15. Today my sister Kathy and I went back in for a follow up shot to boost my white blood counts.

I am so thankful that I always have family and/or friends with me when I go to chemo or any other appointments. It makes the process more tolerable, and most times we can even say we've had fun, crazy as that may seem. I had hoped to be able to laugh my way through this as much as possible, and because of all of you wonderful people in my life, I've been able to do that a lot!

Speaking of milestones, this weekend we are having a 50th anniversary party for my parents. My sisters and I have been blessed with wonderful parents who loved us and taught us about Jesus. On Sunday we are going to attempt to show them how thankful we are for them and how proud we are to have parents who have stuck it out - for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse... If you're going to be in the area and want to stop by, the party is at the Martins Creek Church Fellowship Hall on Sunday from 2-5 pm.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Cheryl

1 comment:

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents. A long marriage is a rarity these days and should be celebrated.
And
Congrats on your milestone! I celebrate that. We all do.
Love
T