Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A little more of an update

Cheryl's Blackberry is back up and running! (Thanks Chris!)

As I mentioned earlier, Cheryl is meeting with an Oncologist in Wooster this Friday. She will confirm this on Friday, but it looks like she will have a total of 8 chemo treatments, with a treatment every other week. Many people have asked why there is a need for chemo if all of the cancer appears to be gone. In short, these chemo treatments will prevent the cancer from returning. So, although these treatments will really STINK, its definitely something worth doing. Hopefully Friday we'll more of an idea when it will start.

She's doing well. God is paving the way and preparing her for each "next thing". She went from alot of apprehension about chemo to now being able to read literature about it all.

Cheryl feels your prayers and in her words, shamelessly asks for them!

In Him,
Cindy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates I check the blog all the time. I am praying for you Cheryl! I just tough Chloe that song "This Little Light of Mine" and it got me thinking that we all need to let our light shine. Not just through the tough stuff but through the happy moments too. That is my hope for you that through all your moments your light will shine and satan will never blow it out.

I love you!

Pam

Tina said...

Thanks for letting us know what's up with Cheryl, Cindy.

Cheryl,
We are continuing to pray and also we are praising God for all He is doing and how He is showing Himself faithful in preparing you for the "next steps".
We are with you girl.
Much Love
Tina and Ted

Hummel Family said...

Thanks for the update, Cindy! Tell Cheryl that we are praying for her as she goes through these chemo treatments. May God tough her body and give her peace.

Much love-
JoEllen (and Fam)

Celeste said...

I am praying for you Cheryl. LT retreat started this evening and Dwight led us in a prayer for you. I miss you!! I need an "eating" partner!! =) Let me know when lunch will work for you. My treat!! Love ya, Celeste