Thursday, January 24, 2008

1 down, 7 to go

I was pleasantly surprised today when at the last minute I was able to go along to Cheryl's chemo appointment. There were 6 of us crammed in her treatment room and we got a good game of cards played. (Cheryl came in last, by the way. Our family is WAY too competitive to let her win just because of a measly chemo treatment! LOL!! :))

Her first chemo treatment is over, even if the side effects haven't fully hit. There was lots of information, and lots of meds (I counted at least 3 different anti-nausea meds) and endless papers of what to do in case of this happens or that happens and numbers to call in case of questions! Whew!

Your thoughts, prayers, encouragement, hugs, emails, cards...I wish I could find the words to express how much it means - for you all to FULLY realize the impact and difference you've made in the weighty load of tackling a cancer diagnosis.

Thank you all!
Cindy

6 comments:

bneuen said...

Sounds like a party not a treatment room. I'm sure all of you helped pass the time. Cheryl's lucky to have such a supportive family. Maybe next time you'll let her win...NOT!

Our prayers are with you, Cheryl.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl:

I was thinking about you all day. So glad to know that you had 6 people to go with you to your chemo. However you had a team of people who couldn't go that were praying for you. You take care and I hope to see you real soon.

I love you!
Pam

Melissa said...

Oh Cindy I am so glad you got to be there. That was really weighing on me thinking that you'd be desperate to be there but couldn't. God is so faithful, isn't he? Sounds like you all really pulled together and made the best of it. I am still praying. And if Cheryl wants to win at cards, she just needs to invite me to play. I am TERRIBLE at it!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I'm so glad you got to be there! I thought of you and Cheryl often yesterday. BTW: got to see pictures of Cheryl with the quilt. It is beautiful!
love to you all,
Tammy Murphy

Unknown said...

It was SOOOOO good to see you in the office last week Cheryl! You really brightened up this sometimes dreary office.

I think it is funny how your family still doesn't see how you were loosing at cards on purpose just to learn all of their 'tells'. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you in the office again!

John

Tina said...

I was thinking about you Cheryl and we say a prayer for you whenever you cross our minds and that is often! Much love and prayers go out to you and I'm glad you are 1 down and only 7 to go in this "next step" of your healing.
Cindy, I'm so glad you are able to be there for your sister. There is nothing like a good sister.
Love you both
tina