Cheryl's appointment yesterday at Wooster went well. As usual, she learned alot of new info and she is comfortable with the oncologist there.
Here are some details.
- There will be a total of 8 chemo treatments, and they will take place every other Thursday followed by shots the following Friday to boost her blood counts.
- Sometime before her first treatment, she'll have a surgical procedure to insert a port. So, she won't have to worry about being "stuck" each time and blowing veins, etc.
- Her first treatment is scheduled for Thursday, January 24.
Now, here a few specific ways to pray (as I seem them!):
- She always gets really sick after anesthesia. Inserting a port is a nice, short surgical procedure, so let's pray she feels NO nausea after!
- Two of the major side effects of chemo are nausea and fatigue. She will have meds to combat the nausea, but they can do nothing to help battle the fatigue.
- There are so many emotional things to have to tackle when preparing for chemo and I know alot of them are running through Cheryl's mind.
Thanks everyone!
Cindy
4 comments:
Thanks for the update, Cindy. You do a great job getting information to all of us.
Cheryl - You're in my prayers daily. God's blessing and peace to you in the upcoming days.
We'll be praying for all of these requests. thanks for letting us know the specifics. It was so good to see you yesterday at church. I miss you and Cheryl, I was hoping to see you, but must have missed you, I guess. You are always in our thoughts
Much love
TNT
Thanks for the update Cindy. I had been wondering about the course of treatment the oncologist would recommend. I will pray for the specifics you outlined. And am marking the 24th on my calendar. Sending much love and encouragement.
I'm thinking of you Cheryl.
Love ya!
Amanda
Post a Comment