Monday, August 18, 2008

Slight change of plans

Haven't the Olympics been so fun to watch? I like watching swimming the best. USA has done so great - and not just Michael Phelps, althought he is amazing! Right now I'm watching a little track and field until Beach Volleyball comes on. Go, May-Treaner and Walsh!

I need to update you all on my trip to Iraq and Jordan. It has been postponed for now. I am so ok with that. I have felt like the timing isn't the greatest... I've had so much time off work in the past year because of surgery and chemo and with another surgery coming up... well, that's just a lot of time off. Plus, I never had a true sense of peace about going. I wanted to go and wasn't nervous at all. It's kind of hard to explain, although I'm sure many of you understand. It just isn't the right time for me to go. It will be though. I will hopefully go on many more mission trips in my lifetime.

In the meantime, my surgery is just six weeks away! I am eager to have the next step behind me. I would appreciate your prayers. I feel very good about my decision, but every now and then get a little nervous when I think about going under general anesthesia again. Oh well, that too shall pass. Or as comedian Mark Lowry states as his favorite Bible verse, "And it came to pass." :)

Have a great evening!

Love,
Cheryl

2 comments:

Becki said...

Sometimes God has to has to step in and put His foot down. I know what you mean about not having a "peace" about going.I am so glad that your plans are going forward for surgery. We want you around for a looooooong time! Preventative is a good thing in my mind

Tina said...

I'm sure, knowing how wise you are, that this is a good decision for you. God has much planned for you, my dear. Love ya and miss ya
T