I'm so happy to finally hit the weekend!! It's been such a crazy summer. The day before my last chemo appointment (which was May 1st), my boss at the time told me, "I'm so glad you're about finished. We're gonna work you like a dog." Well! That has certainly happened! I've traveled a LOT and summer has abolutely FLOWN by! I can't believe we're about to hit Labor Day, which signifies the end of summer and heading into fall!
The other day I spoke with Debra Baynes, the P.A. for Dr. Crowe. I had asked her if they could remove my Power Port during surgery. She said that they don't because there is too much risk of bleeding. Then she also told me that Dr. Lucas (plastic surgeon) probably would want it to be removed since it is in the same field as the surgery... and don't wait too long because it will need time to heal. Sigh... so I called Dr. Lun's (oncologist) office who then transferred me to Dr. Guttman's (surgeon who inserted the port) office and now I have an appointment to have the port removed on September 12th. Whew, that's a lot of doctor names to go through!
The procedure to remove the port is considered "surgery". I'm not sure why. It is being removed in the office and the nurse only needed to schedule about a half hour. I will say, I'm not looking forward to this procedure. I like to be asleep when anyone is cutting me, and I can't see how in the world they can remove the port without cutting... yuck. I am such a wimp! I'll appreciate your prayers that morning!
That's it for now. Otherwise, things are going well. My hair continues to grow and I'm anxious to hit the milestone of six months since chemo is over. After that I can color my hair again! :)
Have a good Labor Day weekend! Love you all!
Cheryl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. Of course, you know we'll be praying.
You are not a wimp, you are the strongest lady I know.
Love
TNT
Post a Comment