Hi Everyone!
I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted an update and I’ve been given a rough time by several of you (and not just you, Stathi). : ) I met with Dr. Lun (oncologist) on May 22nd and he declared me healthy and good to go. I now have an appointment with Dr. Crowe, my surgeon, on July 17th to discuss my next surgery. I’m not sure when that will be; I’m sure I will have a better idea after I meet with him. It took a few weeks to get in to see him, so I’m guessing that my surgery will be in September sometime. The surgery will need to be a coordination of the schedules of Dr. Crowe (breast surgeon) and Dr. Lucas (plastic surgeon). I’m ready to get this next phase behind me. As you may or may not know, my next surgery will be to have a second mastectomy. You may wonder, do I advocate this for everyone facing the same thing? No, absolutely not. Everyone needs to make the decision that is best for them.
My body continues to recover from chemo. I am very slowly (or so it seems to me) getting the feeling back in my toes. I stopped getting mouth sores soon after chemo was over. My hair is growing (yippee!) and I can’t wait to go without wearing either a hat or wig! Also, I didn’t realize how drained I was until my energy started coming back. I guess it must have affected me slowly enough that I didn’t realize it. Plus, there were plenty of other things going on to keep my attention. One thing that hasn’t changed at all is my hot flashes. Just ask my coworkers! One minute I’m fine, the next minute it feels like someone turned the temperature up 10 degrees! It’s very weird. I always say, “I’m having a moment.” Yes, my friends, I have chemo-induced menopause. I guess I’m just thankful I’m not getting mood swings (ok, don’t ask my coworkers about that)! All in all, I’m doing great. I just keep plugging along. I’ve been traveling a lot for work and it’s been great to be “back in the saddle” again.
Thank you all for your faithful prayers. I wouldn’t even want to try to go through something like this without the incredible support system I’ve had. I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I feel. I have a drawer full of cards and letters that I have received and they mean the world to me. I know that God has strengthened my faith in Him as well. He has been such a faithful friend and guide. If you ever want to know more, please let me know. I’d love to sit down and talk to you about my faith. God has helped me through this and He is madly in love with you, too! Isn’t that cool?!
XOXOXO,
Cheryl
I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted an update and I’ve been given a rough time by several of you (and not just you, Stathi). : ) I met with Dr. Lun (oncologist) on May 22nd and he declared me healthy and good to go. I now have an appointment with Dr. Crowe, my surgeon, on July 17th to discuss my next surgery. I’m not sure when that will be; I’m sure I will have a better idea after I meet with him. It took a few weeks to get in to see him, so I’m guessing that my surgery will be in September sometime. The surgery will need to be a coordination of the schedules of Dr. Crowe (breast surgeon) and Dr. Lucas (plastic surgeon). I’m ready to get this next phase behind me. As you may or may not know, my next surgery will be to have a second mastectomy. You may wonder, do I advocate this for everyone facing the same thing? No, absolutely not. Everyone needs to make the decision that is best for them.
My body continues to recover from chemo. I am very slowly (or so it seems to me) getting the feeling back in my toes. I stopped getting mouth sores soon after chemo was over. My hair is growing (yippee!) and I can’t wait to go without wearing either a hat or wig! Also, I didn’t realize how drained I was until my energy started coming back. I guess it must have affected me slowly enough that I didn’t realize it. Plus, there were plenty of other things going on to keep my attention. One thing that hasn’t changed at all is my hot flashes. Just ask my coworkers! One minute I’m fine, the next minute it feels like someone turned the temperature up 10 degrees! It’s very weird. I always say, “I’m having a moment.” Yes, my friends, I have chemo-induced menopause. I guess I’m just thankful I’m not getting mood swings (ok, don’t ask my coworkers about that)! All in all, I’m doing great. I just keep plugging along. I’ve been traveling a lot for work and it’s been great to be “back in the saddle” again.
Thank you all for your faithful prayers. I wouldn’t even want to try to go through something like this without the incredible support system I’ve had. I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I feel. I have a drawer full of cards and letters that I have received and they mean the world to me. I know that God has strengthened my faith in Him as well. He has been such a faithful friend and guide. If you ever want to know more, please let me know. I’d love to sit down and talk to you about my faith. God has helped me through this and He is madly in love with you, too! Isn’t that cool?!
XOXOXO,
Cheryl
PS: What do you think of my new hairdo?

5 comments:
i feel honored to be the first to leave a message after the chemo induced menopause comment. Either way, we love you Cheryl and its great to hear you are recovering, albeit slowly, but recovering nonetheless!! I will wait a few more months before i crack a "God morning sunshine" comment at you at 8:01am every morning. But just in case i do, just know its all in good fun...
stathi
I love your new do pic. All I see is that sweet smile I've known since the first day I saw you sing on stage at SFMC. You ministered to me that day and you still are.
thanks for the update and I'm glad things are moving along for you.
Love
T
Before you know it, you'll be shaking the dust off of your hairdryer and flatiron!
Woo-hoo! God is good! Glad to see an update and to hear how well you are doing. You never seemed to lack in the energy area when I saw you! You've been an inspiration to all that know you!
So, how'd the appt. go?
I was thinking of you when I remembered that it was time for next steps for you.
T
Post a Comment