Friday, May 16, 2008

Now what?

Yesterday I had an echocardiogram to make sure that the chemo didn’t do any damage to my heart. The chemo drugs, particularly the "red kool-aid" adriamycin", have the potential of causing some heart damage. It was neat watching my heart beat and seeing the valves open and close. I asked the technician how my heart looked and she said it looked like it is functioning just fine. She said she wasn’t supposed to tell me anything but that she thought I’ve been through enough lately. Wasn't that nice of her? Whew! Hopefully that's one less thing to worry about.

I will follow up with Dr. Lun next Thursday for the results and to talk more about "next steps". I have a couple more surgeries in my future. The doctors want to wait three months after the completion of chemo to make sure my body has fully recovered. Hopefully by then I'll have all the feeling back in my toes! : ) There are definitely worse things to deal with than that, though, so I won't complain... much!

I'm so thankful to be this far in my journey! Thanks for joining me! You're all the GREATEST!

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, Once again I am so touched by your story! You don't know me personally but we're friends through Rita! You are such an inspiration to women everywhere! I am so happy for you that everything has turned out so well! Your faith & courage are so amazing, I can only say, should I ever have to "walk in your shoes" I can brave the "unknown" as you have done. Thank you, for you have truly touched me in a way I didn't know was possible :-)
Julie

bneuen said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us, Cheryl. It was great to see how God was with you every step of the way. May you continue to trust Him as He directs your paths.

Anonymous said...

God bless Cheryl... I am so glad tohear that everything is going well. Prayers do work!!!!!

Tina said...

Cheryl, I was thinking of you today and wanted to check in. Youre still in my thoughts and I pray for you every time the Lord brings you to mind.
I'm not surprised your heart looks and functions well, it is your heart that communicates your love and couragous spirit.
Love ya
T
love to Cindy too