Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait

Hi Everyone,

We are all (Cheryl included) sitting in the waiting room at the Cleveland Clinic, waiting for her turn in surgery. We've been told of a start time for her surgery of 11:00. Today's cheering section includes all of us: mom and dad, and sisters. The drive up went ok, we hit rush hour, but that was to be expected. There was a bit of panic on Kathy's part because she couldn't find her wallet, but she found it, thank goodness!

Today's tone is different from her last surgery. This time there is no unanswered questions, like whether or not the cancer spread to her lymph nodes, etc. Since this is a preventative surgery, there is some nervousness of course, but not like last time.

I'll be posting off and on today, and I thought it would be fun to see who all is following along! Please leave a post if you're reading! We love to read them.

Further bulletins as details warrant...

Love,
Cindy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole family is there??? My prayers go out to the hospital staff!!! Oh, and to Cheryl too!!!

Love you all,

Gary

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to be able to tell how things are going today. Cheryl will be in my prayers today and I will keep looking for updates. Sisters are awesome! And so are families to be there for you through times like this. I am relieved that Kathy found her wallet also. :)