Today was a big day - I had my port removed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I wouldn't categorize it as fun. The worst part was the local anesthetic, which burned when Dr. Guttman injected it. I kept my face averted the entire time because I didn't want to risk seeing anything - needles, knives, whatever. But, the cool part was that I got to keep the port as a souvenir. So many people said that they just can't imagine what it looked like. Well, I'll spare you all the details, but I will tell you that it's purple. Of course it is. That's my favorite color, you know.
I'd like to ask you to pray for another matter. I’ve had an important opportunity come up in the past few days. Although I can’t give you details, I can tell you that if I take the opportunity, I most likely will have to postpone my surgery for a few (maybe three) months. I know that three months is not very long in the big scheme of things, but I was really hoping to get all this “stuff” behind me as soon as possible. Sometimes God has other plans. Please pray for clear direction, and maybe even the miracle of being able to do both – the surgery and the new “adventure”. Life with God is never dull that's for sure.
Well, that's it for now. Thanks for sticking with me (Especially you, Tina! You so faithfully post comments, which I love!). Have a great weekend!
Love,
Cheryl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
This is a test comment... I'm using it to test feeds on Google Reader.
Cheryl!!! I am so glad to hear that your port is finally out! And believe me your hair def has style!! :-) Love you
Hey I am back. We are moved in and I finally have time to be on the computer. I all nosey and stuff on the opportunity. Maybe I will have to give you a call and drag it out of you. So glad that port is gone and you are on the final stretch. Whatever the opportunity I know God will make your path clear!!!!
Love You!
Pam
Cheryl, So glad that your port is out and that part is over. Of course, I'll say a prayer for God's clear direction on this decision on this opportunity.
Hey, girl, you know Ted and I and so many others are on your team and praying and cheering you on.
You are an inspiration.
BTW, your hair is lookin' good.
Love you,
Tina
Hey I think I FINALLY figured out how to get my post on here!! ha! but i am glad your power port is out! :) that's cool that it was purple... sweet! ... and i def think your hair is gonna look great! much love!!
Need an update on the opportunity....GEZZZZZ!
Pam
Sorry Pam. I'll post soon. I've got my blogger account a little screwed up and Cindy has to help me. Sigh... I am going to go ahead with the surgery, though. More details to follow. (I can't tell you all of it here or you won't keep reading!). ;)
Cheryl
I think you should post a pic of your port.
You're like Ryan Seacrest on American Idol I will tell you after the break.
The hair does look good!
Pam
Post a Comment