Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The latest and greatest!

This post is from Cheryl, we're having some issues with Blogger...



I've asked you all to pray, and I think you must have. I've gotten so much clarity on how to proceed. The "big opportunity" I was referring to in my last post has to do with my job. I have been asked in a 90 Day (or, about 82 days by now...) transformation effort. This consists of about 40 people across the company taking a very intense look at all aspects of the business... gathering a whole bunch of information, interviewing staff and clients, etc.; then taking that data and analyzing it and making a proposal for the company. It sounds boring to most of you, I'm sure, but it's a great opportunity to make BIG changes in the company. When I was asked to be a part of the effort, I thought that I would have to either bow out or postpone my surgery. It turned out that I didn't have to do either. I am able to participate in both. After surgery, I will be off work for a week or so, but after that, I will be able to do some work from home even as I'm recovering. I'm glad that I'm able to do both.

As October 1st draws closer (it's next week!), I find myself wondering where in the world the time has gone! It seems that summer just started and here we are, racing toward fall. I can't believe that the surgery date has been on the calendar for about two months. When I think about it, I start to get a little nervous. Maybe it's because I know what to expect this time. Plus, I got pretty nauseaus from the anesthesia, so I'm really hoping that can be combatted (or better yet, headed off!) this time. Thursday I need to go to Cleveland for all my pre-op testing. My sister Kris is going with me. Yea! Have I told you how awesome my sisters are? They have been so wonderful through this entire journey. I don't know what I would have done without them. I'm glad I don't have to find out anytime soon! Thanks you guys! You're the greatest and I love you lots! ... and the rest of you, too. I love that I have such prayer warrior friends.

It's bedtime for me, so I'll go for now. Take care, everyone!

Cheryl

Some of you have been very curious about my port, so I snapped a picture of it. The nurses would access it by finding the 3 raised dots under my skin and insert the IV needle in the center of it. Sorry if this makes anyone squeemish...




2 comments:

Tina said...

Well, that worked out didn't?! Glad it's a good answer for you. I'll will be thinking of you the day of your surgery and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more at church last week. I may be there this weekend too. Crazy life. Anyway, you do have the best family. Love ya
T

Becki said...

I was just thinking about your surgery yesterday and wondered what was going on. Glad you've informed us and I 'm glad you'll be able to go ahead with it. Peace of mind is a WONDERFUL thing. Praying for you!